- Author: Hidden Heritage…the Story of Paul LaRoche, Beaver’s Pond Press, Minneapolis, MN 2006, the inspiring biography of the award-winning Native American recording artist, Brulé.
- Co-writer for television series Hidden Heritage on RFD-TV cable network, 2009-2011.
- Freelance writer with over 150 published stories and articles.
- Finalist: Moonlight Mesa, Short Fiction, Lost Letters, 2011
- Winner: Talking Stick, Short Fiction, Prairie Promises, 2010
Winner: Brainerd Writers Alliance, Essay, Under the Shadow of the Tower, 2009.
- Winner: Bearlodge Writers Devils Tower National Monument Writer’s Residency, 2008.
- Winner: Brainerd Writers Alliance, One More Chance, Short Fiction,2007.
At a writer’s workshop not long ago I was asked to define my essence. I took a few days to ponder the question. Discovering one’s essence, I think, comes later in life, when you have a chance to look back and reflect…not with regret, but rather an openness to understand and appreciate life’s journey. Essence comes in knowing what matters most, like faith and family, where one can grasp the awe and wonder of God’s sovereign ways. It’s believing there is meaning and purpose in this life, and recognizing with humility that God uses our written words to change lives.
And if your journey has been anything like mine, there’ve been surprises along the way. I never could have imagined…
- a chance encounter that led to a book-length manuscript—twice
- the perfect beaches of Cancun
- a book signing at America’s majestic Mount Rushmore National Monument
- an appreciation for good red wine
- a gift of ‘time’ at the Devils Tower National Park
All of these things and more bring an unfolding of my essence, my core being, who I am now—wife, mother, writer, friend—to who I am yet to come—author, speaker, artisan.
May the journey continue.